There is still no single service that provides everything envisioned by KHO, but if you are looking for reliable health care or insurance information then there are some sites we can recommend.
Here are some good places to start - especially if you live in Kansas or the Kansas City metro area:
- KCHealthWellness.org. The Health & Wellness Center is the newest enhancement to the recently renovated Lucile H. Bluford Branch of The Kansas City Public Library and was created in partnership with Truman Medical Centers and the Health Sciences Institute of Metropolitan Community Colleges – Penn Valley to respond more effectively to consumer needs.
- Dykes Library, KU Medical Center. A.R. Dykes Library provides access to premium information resources for visitors and patients of KU Medical Center.
- Consumer Health Complete. Premium health information database available to all Kansas citizens through the State Library of Kansas.
- KSHealthConsumer.com. The mission of the Kansas Health Consumer Coalition is to advocate for affordable, accessible, and quality health care in Kansas.
- KSInsurance.org. The major functions of the Kansas Insurance Department are to regulate and review companies for financial solvency and regulatory compliance, educate consumers, assist consumers, and license agents selling insurance products in the state.
- KDHEKS.gov. Kansas Department of Health provides public health information and data.