The problems seem to be specific to a combination of Ebscohost, Adobe Reader, and Internet Explorer 9. Ebscohost embeds a PDF viewer, but you should be able to workaround the problem by opening the PDF in a new browser window:
- First, add your articles to a Folder in Ebscohost then go to your Folder.
- Right-click on one of the PDF Full Text links there.
- Select either "Open in new window" to view the PDF in your browser or "Save target as..." to immediately download and save the PDF file.
Aside from the workaround demonstrated in the video, here are some possible, but unverified, long-term solutions to the problem:
- We've heard from one campus Support Technician that just uninstalling IE9 may resolve similar problems in other browsers you might have installed, such as Firefox and Chrome. IE9 includes many additional security features that interfere with opening and viewing files from the web.
- If your computer's operating system is a 64-bit version of Windows, try switching to 32-bit Windows and 32-bit browsers.